Aspire Dance Academy - Dream, Believe, Aspire!
RSS

Recent Posts

Practice Makes Perfect...
What is a Dance Technique Class?
When Will I Get My Splits?
Why are dress codes important to dance class?
Why do I have to wear a bun to ballet class?

Categories

Aspire Dance Academy Dance Studio
Ballet
Buns
Dance attire
Dance for Children
powered by

My Blog

'Growing' Into Dance Shoes?

Children are constantly growing, leaving all parents with the famous 'you need room to grow' quotes when shoe shopping.

But, is that the same for dance shoes?

Say it ain't so!  Dance shoes fit very differently than your average street shoe, and room to grow actually may mean improperly fitting shoes.  Ballet and Jazz shoes should fit like a glove; not too tight and certainly not with an extra inch for growth.  Leather Ballet and Jazz shoes stretch automatically, giving that extra sizing that's needed.  Purchasing them with an inch to pinch actually prevents dancers from performing with proper technique and could present a tripping hazard.

Similarly tappers should make sure they have well-fit shoes.  Large shoes can prevent feeling the floor and control over the foot movement therefore impacting the sound coming off the shoe.

Overall, while young students are constantly filling their own shoes, proper shoe fit at the time of purchase is imperative to keep students safe and practicing good dance technique.

9 Comments to 'Growing' Into Dance Shoes?:

Comments RSS
Augustus Rowan on Thursday, November 08, 2012 5:55 AM
I appreciate you for giving helpful suggestion. Dancing is an amazing genre of entertainment and inappropriate improvisation can harm dancer anytime while dancing. Therefore I think dance students should be careful while purchasing dancing shoes. Thanks
Reply to comment

Vacation to Hawaii on Tuesday, March 26, 2013 1:27 AM
You got a very helpful weblog I've been right here reading through for about an hour or so. I'm the beginner as well as your achievement is extremely a lot a good motivation personally.
Reply to comment

resume builder on Tuesday, May 07, 2013 4:23 AM
Large shoes can prevent feeling the floor and control over the foot movement therefore impacting the sound coming off the shoe.
Reply to comment

blog commenting on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 5:51 AM
Reply to comment

http://www.cavallimania.it on Friday, May 17, 2013 5:45 AM
Leather Ballet and Jazz shoes stretch automatically, giving that extra sizing that's needed. Purchasing them with an inch to pinch actually prevents dancers from performing with proper technique and could present a tripping hazard.
Reply to comment

Classic Pump Shoes on Monday, August 12, 2013 6:24 AM
Yes, True things has been written up in here about dance shoes! If dance shoes are not fit well at that time performance will not go up to the mark and that is why it's very much needed to fit dance shoe as per as possible. Thanks
Reply to comment

Ladies shoes online on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 1:58 AM
I was looking forward such kind of post Growing' Into Dance Shoes?.I have been much benefited to get this informative site. Thanks a million dude. Carry on.
Reply to comment

Kids Shoes on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 7:42 AM
The given information about the dancing shoes I really like it so much specially about tapping shoes. How it made thanks for sharing.
Reply to comment

gold high heel shoes on Friday, October 31, 2014 1:19 AM
This page is very informative and fun to read for the shoes. I appreciated what you have done here. I enjoyed every little bit part of it. I am always searching for informative information like this.
Reply to comment